Our Specialist Services
Our team of librarians provide specialist skills and expertise to support a range of activities. We can:
- Provide easily digestible reports of the best available evidence to enhance clinical and management decisions (see Literature Searching Service), including examples of policies, guidelines, research and best practice from other organisations
- Come to your ward, department, team meeting, group or committee to offer advice on evidence based practice
- Work alongside you on audit and research activities
- Help you with preparation for clinical teaching and presentations
- Offer training and support on critical appraisal and finding and applying evidence in practice
- Support you in achieving your training, academic and personal development objectives
- Help keep you up to date with your information needs and the Trust’s published research activities
- Support your Journal Club. LKS supports a wide range of Journal across all stakeholder Trusts and wide range of specialties.
- We can offer a physical or virtual “Pop Up” Library session for you and your teams
The video below illustrates the impact of ward round support that we provide to the Critical Care department.
Library & Knowledge Services have supported Advanced Nurse Practitioners and Trainee Advanced Nurse Practitioners with a Journal Club and research support. LKS has produced customised materials for groups of students on placement e.g. those placed on Renal Wards