COVID-19 Exceptional Circumstances
People are advised that there will be visiting allowed in the following exceptional circumstances:
- A maximum of two visitors for patients at the end of their life.
- One parent or appropriate adult visiting a child; this may include multiple parents although only one may be present at any time, this also includes Neonatal Services.
- One carer who is supporting someone with a mental health issue such as dementia, a learning disability, autism, Down’s syndrome or other similar complex conditions where not being present would cause the patient to be distressed.
- In exceptional cases consideration will be given to individual requests following a comprehensive risk assessment.
- A patient who is deteriorating, or the ward has contacted a family member to come to the hospital immediately.
- Breaking bad news.
Wirral Women and Children's Teaching Hospital welcomes the woman and her support person, regarding them as an integral part of both the woman and baby's care throughout and not as a visitor. It includes making sure that women can safely take a support person to:
- the early pregnancy unit
- all antenatal scans
- other antenatal appointments where the woman considers it important to have support
- labour and birth from the point of attendance at the hospital or midwifery unit (one birthing partner accompanying a woman in labour)