Your midwife should give you information about:
- Caring for your newborn baby.
- Vitamin K and screening tests for your newborn baby.
- Your own health after your baby is born.
- The "baby blues" and postnatal depression
Your midwife will also:
- Use a tape measure to measure the size of your uterus.
- Check the position of your baby.
- Measure your blood pressure and test your urine for protein.
- Offer external cephalic version (ECV) if your baby is in the breech position
- There will be an opportunity at this appointment to discuss labour and birth including where you wish to have your baby and what type of birth you wish to have.