We understand that having a baby on a neonatal unit can be a very stressful time for families.
While your baby is in hospital and following discharge home you may like some extra support. This can be provided through the Family and baby Support Service which is a supportive, non-judgemental service, aiming to support families at this challenging time.
The service is for all families who live within the Wirral area that have a baby admitted to the neonatal Unit. Families can also be assisted whose infant has been transferred into the unit from outside the Wirral area.
The service and how it works
Support can be offered in a variety of ways to fit in with your family’s individual needs. The service is tailored to meet the unique needs of each family admitted to the Neonatal unit.
Support can include:
- Emotional Support
- Preparing for bringing your baby home
- Signposting to other relevant agencies.
- Offering advice and assistance in budgeting and seeking financial help
- Helping parents to network and make friends.
- Ongoing support once home.
For further information please contact: 0151 334 1381.
Baby Bounty pack
This is given for free to every Mum. The contents may vary.
(We have avoided mentioning product names)
Typical bag content are small samples of:
- Washing powder samples
- Nappy sacks
- Cream for baby's bottom
- Nappy wipes and nappies
- Fabric softener
- Antiseptic cleaning product
- Advice information about pain relief
- DVD sampler on playing with your child
- Catalogues and information on the Child Trust Fund and Child Benefit
- CD about baby massage
- A Bounty booklet with helpful information about your baby.
- We suggest you bring the nappy cream to the Neonatal unit.
There is a photo service available Monday to Friday. Tel: 0845 7660665 (local rate call). All other enquiries Tel: 0800 3169341.