Our volunteers are a very important part of our organisation and we appreciate the valuable time they spend supporting the Trust.
During Covid-19 there are many restrictions and we are currently looking for support in the following areas;
Supporting patients at end of life
To work closely with the Multi Disciplinary team to give comfort and support to the patient, family or carer at their time of need by:
- Listening to their needs
- Giving guidance and support by signposting them to the appropriate professionals
- Showing understanding and compassion appropriate to individual needs
- Full training given.
Currently there are visiting restrictions in place and to help us promote the patient experience you could help us by becoming a link to the wards:
- Taking personal items left by families at main reception to patients on the wards and collecting items from patients to pass onto families at main reception
- Assisting patients to use Ipads to keep in touch with friends and family
- Running errands for the patient to the shop
- Printing off messages from loved ones and taking to the patient
Welcomers and Way Finders
To welcome and challenge visitors as to their visit to the Trust during Covid-19. Ask them to wear a mask, gel their hands and follow social distancing guidelines. Label personal items left by families for onward transmission to patients.
Assisting the Head of Fundraising in raising the profile of WUTH Charity, encouraging donations at a range of fundraising events and any other tasks to support the Charity.
Secretarial support, Clatterbridge Hospital & Arrowe Park Hospital
To support the secretarial team sending out post and filing.