Nursing and Midwifery Strategy 2016-2018
Safe Nurse Staffing
"Modern, patient-focused nursing and midwifery based on traditional values."
Patient focused nursing and midwifery staffing is one or our patient-focused action areas in the strategy.
We are committed to being open and honest about all aspects of care including nurse and midwifery staffing.
The six-monthly report on nurse staffing was presented to the Board of Directors on 25th January 2017.
From June 2014 we were required to publish our monthly data. The nursing and midwifery staffing data from May 2014 can be accessed through NHS Choices from 24th June.
A monthly break down of figures for the last 6 months can be accessed in the documents section at the bottom of the page.
Each ward at displays a staffing board in an area which can clearly be seen by patients, visitors and staff and shows who is in charge of the ward and the number of staff on duty.
These boards are updated daily to provide real line staffing data and display any action taken to ensure safe staffing levels.
Library Nursing Journals
The Library and Knowledge Service is delighted to announce that nurses, midwives and allied health professionals have access to a new collection of nursing and midwifery journals from the Mark Allen Group (MAG online). Our journals collection will help to keep you up to date with practice, support your continuing professional development, and help you to gather evidence for your Revalidation portfolio.
This collection of journals comprises the following titles:
- African Journal of Midwifery and Women's Health
- British Journal of Cardiac Nursing
- British Journal of Community Nursing
- British Journal of Healthcare Assistants
- British Journal of Healthcare Management
- British Journal of Hospital Medicine
- British Journal of Mental Health Nursing
- British Journal of Midwifery
- British Journal of Neuroscience Nursing
- British Journal of Nursing
- British Journal of School Nursing
- Dental Nursing
- Gastrointestinal Nursing
- Independent Nurse
- International Journal of Palliative Nursing
- International Journal of Therapy & Rehabilitation
- International Paramedic Practice
- Journal of Aesthetic Nursing
- Journal of Health Visiting
- Journal of Paramedic Practice
- Journal of Renal Nursing
- Journal of Wound Care
- Nurse Prescribing
- Nursing & Residential Care
- Practice Nursing
To access the journals you need an OpenAthens account, which will allow you to log in to the MAG online website from work or from home. Contact the Library and Knowledge Service for further information or support. We can deliver individual or group training in how to access this collection (and others) – just ask!
Nursing & Midwifery
- Francis Report: Hard Truths Commitment: Publishing of Nurse Staffing Data: March/April 2016 Modified: 30/04/2018 12:57PM | Download:
- Hard Truths Commitment: Publishing of Staffing Data: 6 Monthly Update Report (April – September) including bi-monthly staffing report for July and August 2017. Modified: 30/04/2018 12:57PM | Download:
- Modern, patient focused nursing and midwifery based on traditional values Nursing and Midwifery Strategy 2016 – 2018 Modified: 30/04/2018 12:57PM | Download: