Training and Induction
We want our volunteers to fulfil their potential and make a difference to our patients and staff, which is why our training programme is so important. As part of your registration you will receive the following via email or hard copy on request:
- A short induction video
- Mandatory Training
- Data Protection Awareness
- Protecting Vulnerable People
- Medical Questionnaire
- Guidance on how to put on/off a surgical mask
- Invitation to complete a Disclosure & Barring Certificate
- Additional training depending on your placement such as how to assist patients in wheelchairs
Your training needs will also be identified as part of an annual Volunteer Appraisal.
On your first day of activity at the Trust you will be provided with a local induction to the department you will be working in. You will also receive your uniform which consists of an orange polo shirt to be worn with your own black trousers/skirt.