The Catering Department at Wirral University Teaching Hospital has recently gone through a number of changes and also now looking at new and exciting initiatives, including patient menu and a range of staff and public services.
As result there are many new positive actions already completed or planned, agreed in conjunction with colleagues such as senior medical staff, dietitians, speech and language therapists and dementia lead.
At the foot of this page you can view the food and hydration booklet which highlights most of the areas we have recently put into place for patients.
Other up and coming initiatives that we are looking to introduce, such as:
- Eco friendly Trust using recyclable products in food and drink
- Reusable Hot drinks cups staff and public can use at a lower purchase price when buying drinks in our restaurants
- New restaurant menus, theme days and healthy eating events (food and hydration)
- Seasonal changes to patients menus including Christmas menus etc.
Compliance targets are achieved via external inspection and audit, such as:
- Environmental Health Department (Wirral Borough Council)
- Trading Standards (Wirral Borough Council) including Food Allergen compliance
- Food Standards Agency Via EHO (attaining top score for food safety of 5/5)
- IDDSI (International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative)
- BDA (British Dietetic Association)
- Public health England (reduced sugar in all drinks)
Links to these websites can be found on the related links section to left of this page.
All our food supplies are traceable which means that we trace the food we supply following "farm to fork" principle. Details of this can be found in the 'Multi-temperature Distribution Model Implementation Pack' at the bottom of this page.
Multi-Temperature Distribution Model Implementation Pack, Modified: 28/11/2019 12:15PM | Download: Multi-Temperature Distribution Model Implementation Pack
WUTH Bedside Booklet Menu, Modified: 25/11/2019 4:27PM | Download: WUTH Bedside Booklet Menu