About the Safe Care We Provide
Wirral University Teaching hospital is committed to being open and honest with the people who use our services, the wider public and our staff. NHS organisations have a duty of care to patients’ to ensure nurse staffing levels are adequate and provided by appropriately qualified and experienced staff in safe environments.
The emphasis on high quality, compassionate care and the critical relationship between safe nurse staffing has been highlighted following the Mid Staffordshire NHS Trust public enquiry, Professor Sir Bruce Keoghs mortality review and Don Berwick’s review into patient safety.
The Nursing and Midwifery contribution to the Trusts’ values is our “Modern, patient focused Nursing and Midwifery strategy 2013 - 2018” based on traditional values and supporting the delivery of the Chief Nursing Officer’s document “Compassion in Practice” (DoH 2012) and the 6Cs:
This publication of “Safe Care” is fundamental to the delivery of care and forms part of the Trust’s commitment to openness and transparency, within our organisation, with our patients and with the public.
- Compassion in Practice strategy and the 6Cs values Modified: 19/04/2018 9:21PM | Download:
- Compassion in Practice Evidencing the impact Modified: 19/04/2018 9:22PM | Download:
- Compassion in Practice: Nursing, Midwife and Care Strategy Modified: 19/04/2018 9:23PM | Download:
- Patient Discharge Leaflet Modified: 25/06/2018 9:44AM | Download:
- Safe Staffing
- Safe Staff February 2019 Modified: 23/09/2019 2:31PM | Download:
- Safe Staffing April 2019 Modified: 23/09/2019 2:31PM | Download:
- Safe Staffing January 2019 Modified: 23/09/2019 2:31PM | Download:
- Safe Staffing June 2019 Modified: 13/08/2019 2:55PM | Download:
- Safe Staffing March 2019 Modified: 23/09/2019 2:31PM | Download:
- Safe Staffing May 2019 Modified: 23/09/2019 2:31PM | Download:
- Safe Staffing September 2019 Modified: 17/10/2019 4:19PM | Download:
- December Safe Staffing Modified: 16/01/2020 3:43PM | Download: